Welcome to True Dreamer

The place on the web where there are no limits to this page potential, and honesty is used in every word. I do hope that you enjoy this page.

Like

True Dreamer

Wednesday 16 November 2011

How to make a top up or withdraw from paypal, if you live in South Africa.




South African money By Darren Swartz

I have been looking for a few weeks now on how to transfer money from my Paypal account to my South African bank account, and I still haven’t come across a suitable solution for this problem since I have an Absa bank account, but I have come across an alternative.

Paypal and FNB (First National Bank) seem to be working together as one can now top up and withdraw money from Paypal using your FNB bank account. There are a few things you have to qualify for before you can do this, and I will write them down in bullet form so that you can check if you qualify.

  • First you will need a qualifying FNB account, which is a FNB Cheque, savings or transmission account. They don’t seem to be allowing credit cards at this point for reason I do not know.
  • The next thing you have to check is if you have and online banking profile and if you are not sure you can check with your nearest FNB branch.
  • You will then have to login to your Paypal account and link it to your FNB online banking profile.
  • When all this is in check you can then top up or withdraw money from your Paypal account.

The charges involved with this service provided by FNB is still not completely clear to me, but they do state that on every top or withdraw you make from your Paypal account a transaction commission of 1.5%  will be charged in Rands ( “The transaction commission is calculated on the rand equivalent of the US dollars amount requested”). They also state that for certain Paypal transactions an extra fee will be charged, which you can learn more from at www.paypal.com/za.

I hope that this helps you in many ways and for those who do not have an FNB account I suggest you consider one since Paypal hasn’t given any hints  on weather this service will be available for Absa, Capitic and Ned bank users in the near future. For more information on this service please visit https://www.fnb.co.za/online-banking/pay-pal.html

No comments:

Post a Comment